Re: Net install of woody fails on SparcStation IPX (sun4c)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:37:58 +1000, Ben Stanley writes:
>I saw a few discussions on this list saying that sarge does not support
>the sun4c architecture, and that sun4c people should stick with woody
>[1]. I did try to net-boot the sarge images, and I can verify that they
>don't work...

I don't remember offhand if I installed Woody natively on one of my
 sun4c boxen, or if, like the other, I upgraded from Potato.

But the Potato installer definitely works over netboot for sun4c, so,
 if you have the time, you can install Potato and then upgrade/
 dist-upgrade to Woody. http://www.debian.org/distrib/archive has more
 info on older releases.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- On the End to End I was maddened to discover that my companion (an
-- HTML-mail top-quoter) values IM because it's quick, simple, easy,