Some things are broken in 2.6.11 kernel

Bonjour,

I wanted to compile an 'official' 2.6.11 linux kernel (taken from
www.kernel.org) for a sparc64 machine, and it failed on 2 points:
 * when configuring for SMP + preemptible kernel, spinlock_t and
   rwlock_t lack a new member, break_lock. This member is present in
   the sparc port, but not the sparc64. When adding it, the
   compilation process tells me somewhere:
-----
kernel/spinlock.c: In function `_read_lock':
kernel/spinlock.c:250: warning: implicit declaration of function `read_can_lock'
kernel/spinlock.c: In function `_write_lock':
kernel/spinlock.c:251: warning: implicit declaration of function `write_can_lock'
-----
 * compilation of the ffb driver fails. A macro named DRM has
   apparently been removed, but some code still uses it (ffb_context.c
   at least).

I haven't been further, as necessary changes in the ffb_context.c files are way
beyond my knowledge... I'm pretty sure the link phase would also fail
for the missing read_can_lock and write_can_lock identifiers, though.

I haven't applied the 2.6.11.6 patch, but after a quick read, it
doesn't solve these issues, and doesn't add anything specific to the
sparc64 port.

I'll stay on my 2.6.10 kernel for now...

--
Erwann ABALEA <erwann.abalea@keynectis.com>