Re: Problems with Xinerama using a Matrox Millenium / Creator 3D with an Ultra 30.

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 07:50, Detlef wrote:
> >> Section "Device"
> >>         Identifier      "Matrox Millenium"
> >>         Driver          "fbdev"
> >>         BusID           "0001:00:02.0"
> >>         Option          "UseFBDev"      "true"
> >>         Option          "FBDev"         "/dev/fb1"
> >> EndSection
> > Isn't this still a 'new style' address, the things you aren't producing
> > any more.  Might this be (a|the) problem.
> >
> Right, changed it back to the old stsle address, got a xinerama error
> switched this off and now it works fine in double head mode but without
> xinerama.
Cool.  Might the error be that you have the screens set up with
different colour depths?  IIRC Xinerama doesn't like that.

> The XFConfig-4 is attached.
Didn't appear to be.

> As well I had to comment out the horizontal sync rate from the Monitor
> section. With this in, the screen was kinda garbled and pinkish. Dunno why.
Hmmm... strange - have to tried running xvidtune to see what it's
running at now.

> Finally I used only two hacks, The one to the sparc64/Kconfig file, and
> reverting back to the old pci structure in /proc, and magic .... it nearly
> works.
>
> Xinerama is probably off topic for this group but I will continue on this.
> Double head is sufficient for now.
It's good to know it works, esp. that you can get X running on a Sun box
with a non Sun graphics card - very encouraging.

Cheers,
 - Martin

--
Martin