Debian Sarge in a e450

Hi,

we have a Sun Enterprise 450 Server, and sadly by now is considered an
obsolete machine. I have thought looking on the documentation of the machine
that still is a good box (4 cpus and 512Mb ram). The only bad question are
the hard disks.

I have found in the web that this box is supported by linux and debian in
particular (I think), and I would like to know if someone is using this box
with a debian sarge and if it worsewhile to install a debian in that box.

Also, I would like to ask, and please think that I'm a newbie in this
architecture if it's posible to buy a normal pci card, for example a SATA
controller, and (looking first the correct pci slot(about V) plug it in e450,
and configure the driver if it's supoorted by the kernel, and that's all.

Regards,

Leo