Sun Ultra 30 impossible for me to setup sound with sarge

Dear list,

I have been searching the archives but I find not the way to setup sound for
my Ultra 30 on sarge. I get the module snd_sun_cs4231 loaded without trouble,
but when running alsa startup script, I get lots of errors like the following
one:
	 amixer: Mixer attach hw:0 error: Invalid argument
and also..
	ioctl32(amixer:NNNN): Unknown cmd fd(3) cmd(40045500){00} arg(effff774)
on /dev/snd/controlC0
	where NNNN I supposse is the process pid number.

If I also load the module snd-ioctl32 and try to run /etc/init.d/alsa start
then the machine hangs.

Is there any way to setup sound?

Thanks in advance,

Luis