New 2.6.10 sparc kernel images are available for testing

Hello,

Following the preliminary testing of the 2.6.10 kernel on sparc, we have managed to solve a few essential problems with it (special thanks to Frans Pop for debugging the ATI framebuffer problem!). Relevant patches have now made it into the debian-kernel SVN repository, and now the kernel images built against the (unreleased) kernel-source-2.6.10-6 are available at [0]. The md5 sums for the images are available in the MANIFEST file [1]. If you have a chance, please test them again, and report your findings, either to the list or to the SparcKernelStatus page on wiki.d.n [2].

Oh, and if someone has any clues on how to make the sound work in 2.6.10 without backporting the entire sound subdir of the latest kernel tree snapshot, let me know as well. At the moment my Ultra just says something about "serious initialization problem - codec still busy" when loading ALSA cs4231 module.

[0] http://www.wooyd.org/debian/kernels/2.6/
[1] http://www.wooyd.org/debian/kernels/MANIFEST
[2] http://wiki.debian.net/?SparcKernelStatus

Thanks and best regards,