Re: Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console

Martin wrote:

<snip>
On a different note, when I have the tty lines uncommented, the system starts dumping garbage on the serial console and saying that getty is respawning too quickly and needs to sleep for 5 minutes.
This is because they are trying to open tty1 -> tty6, if there is no
screen (either no graphics card or OpenBoot is working over serial) then
this device isn't valid - thus getty dies and init restarts it and so
on.  Thankfully init pauses after a number of restarts.  If you install
on a headless system the installer seems to automagically comment these
out.

Cheers,
- Martin

I know, that's why I have those lines commented out :)