Re: Wich X-server, wich mouse, kbd?

Sorry, the command is "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86"

Regards,

Antonio.

Antonio Luiz Pacifico escreveu:

Daniel,

On Debian/GNULinux you should use "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-x-free86" instead of xf86config! Regarding your card, mouse, keyboard, screeen resolution (etc...) read the messages while the above command is running. And see at www.xfree86.org what drive you must choose in order.

Good luck,

Antonio

Daniel Lönn escreveu:

Hey folks.

Just installed Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r4 on my SparcStation 5. Im glad, since the only Linux that I've been able to install on it earlier has been RedHat 6.2 (Zoot), and man, this feels great. In earlier Debian releases, the install has crashed with a Kernel Panic for the first startup. It hink it said something with "VFS: unable to mount root filesystem", etc... strange. However, that is changed now. 3.0r4 installed smoothly, but I stilll have a few questons:

* What x server should I use to my TurboGx card?

* The xf86config program seems to be x86 -ish?½ WHERE do I select Sun Type 5 kbd?, where do I select Sun Mouse (sure, I can set it to /dev/sunmouse manually). WHERE is the Sun monitor list?!

Regards!

/ Daniel