Re: Linux 2.6.14 & blade 100 framebuffer

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Admar Schoonen wrote:

I just tried linux-image-2.6.14-2-sparc64 version 2.6.14-6 on my blade 100.
Console looks ok, except for some "snow" or noise when text is scrolling. Xorg
still insists on 1280x960 at 60 Hz; if I lower the resolution to something like
1024x768 or 800x600, it will put the refresh rate at 85 Hz. At all of those
resolutions though, there are red pixels on the screen, most notably when moving
a window.

Hi,

There is a possible fix for the red dots problem: please have a look at the last message in 317756 (the patch was probably garbled during transmission, but is simple enough to be applied by hand). Please post the results of your tests to the bug trail. If everything will work out, I'll push this patch into the Debian kernels.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org