BTTV and SPARC (stable with 2.4.27)

Hi,

In my previous posts (BTTV and SPARC) I mentioned some problems regarding
the bttv driver and the 2.6 kernel series: the machine (Sun Ultra 10)
locks up after about 20 minutes.
Recently I have tried bttv (0.9.15) with the 2.4.27 kernel and everything
seems to be fine. I didn't notice any lockup. The kernel config is
basically the generic one (from the kernel which ships with Debian). BTTV
was compiled separately because the one included in the kernel source
doesn't work due to the virt_to_bus usage. Xdtv works fine with this
config.

Machine: Sun Ultra 10, Winfast 2000 XP tuner, Creative Ensoniq
soundcard + Debian Sarge (stable) with kernel 2.4.27

I'm using alsa 1.0.10, compiled from source with very dirty
hack to eliminate the lines which uses 'virt_to_bus'. I have applied a
patch from gentoo to avoid the lockup with the snd-ioctl32 module loaded.
Unfortunately the patch isn't complete (pcm32.c isn't patched) so aplay
and arecord cannot be used (the machine locks up completely) but any OSS
application, like audacity or xmms (1.2.7), works just fine. I couldn't
get xmms-1.2.10 to work so I compiled xmms 1.2.7 from source.

Conclusion: bttv is unstable only with the 2.6 kernel series (tested with
2.6.9, 2.6.14, 2.6.15).
It seems that there are other problems with the 2.6 kernels under SPARC so
at this moment I will keep 2.4.27 on my machine.

Best regards,
Attila