Sarge install hangs on Ultra2

Hi,

I try to install Debian Sarge on an Ultra2 machine but the installer hangs
when it loads the module sd_mod during hardware detection for CD-ROM access.
Before that it beeps several times, probably to indicate that it has found
some scsi device?

Do you have any suggestions? This is my first experience with Sun machines,
so I am kind of lost.
Btw, I did not figure out how to run the expert mode install with the
official Sarge Sparc image. Is it missing?

Thanks!

Robert