From: Steve Discher [mailto:discher@fibertown.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:48 AM
To: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Setting time time causes system crash

I am running a stock Debian Linux kernel 2.6.8-2-sparc64 on a Sun Netra T1.
If I set the system time using a time server via ntp or directly from the
command line it causes the system to lock up.  There are not entries in the
system log to evidence the cause.  Any ideas?

hwclock --hctosys  and hwclock --systohc  don't seem to bother anything.

Currently my system time is -42409 seconds off.