random crash

Hello,

I have bought an U60 (with two 450Mhz CPUs and 2Gb of RAM) recently. I
have put in this server my old HD (Debian GNU/Linux Sarge) from my U30
and installed Linux kernel 2.4.27 with SMP support. However, one week
after the startup of the server, the box crashs with a odd error message
and i must reboot it. I tested it with Linux kernel 2.6.8.

I would like to know how i could identify what is causing a crash
randomly. What should i do ? Should i use OpenBoot (and how ?) or is
there linux specific tools to do that (i have only physical access to
the box the weekend) ?

Regards,
--
Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org> - http://www.andesi.org/ | GPG
Public Key available on pgp.mit.edu | Fingerprint: D792 B8A5 A567 B001