Re: Installing on a Sun Blade 100: CD Mounting issue

Quoting Simon Lewis <simonlewis@bluebottle.com>:

> Dear All,
>
> Using the stable install CD's I've got the error found here:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2005/04/msg00052.html
>
> The install CD cannot be mounted to continue the installation.
>
> Has this problem been fixed somewhere? If so could somebody point me to
> an ISO that I can use to install from, or a link to a TFTP netboot thing
> that will work.

On sunblade 100 I have done tftp boot several times now using the tftp images
referenced by the installation manual on the debian main page go to Installation
Manual and choose the sparc version. It explains the procedure and provides
links to images. I did a minimal installation then upgrade to unstable.

jim