Re: booting a sunblade 100

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 10:56:11AM -0800, Matt Dunford wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 07:24:45PM +0200, Riccardo Tortorici wrote:
> >
> > It seems the current D-I for SPARC is broken for Sunblades. I had
> > exactly your problem on a Sunblade 150 64bits. Try to install it via
> > netboot with the image you can find here:
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~stappers/d-i/images/daily/sparc64/netboot/
> >
> > I tried the 2.6 one and it works. There are some issues regarding the
> > frame buffer (first char truncated). Actually I'm working on a kernel
> > customization in order to fix it. I hope it will work on your
> > sunblade as well.
> Hi All,
> Many thanks for all of the replies.  Booting via tftp definately
> works.  I have yet to get the installer to complete (it always hangs
> halfway through), but I'm devoting some time to it when there's a
> pause in work.  I've dumped the blade 150 (since it's having some
> other problems) and am now concentrating on a 100.

Hi All,

Just an update.  The daily netboot is working for me now.  Installs
flawlessly - my thanks to everyone who has worked on it!

I've added sparc to our autoinstall system.  Added a few sparc systems
to dhcp, changed one architecture line in tftp and poof they're all in
sync with the rest of our network.  Ah, debian is beautiful.

Matt Dunford
Unix Systems Administrator
DOE Joint Genome Institute
url:   http://www.jgi.doe.gov