Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:18:09 -0400
From: Rob Carlson <robcarlson_at_comcast_dot_net@mail.kitchenandassociates.com>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] Sun E-250

Hi all,

My company has a donation to make to someone, and
 whoever can give the most noble reason/plea for
the donation will receive it.  Preferably this
will go to a school or a charitable institution
that needs a network server either for educational
or utilitarian purposes.  We really don't want
someone to take this just so they could have an
E250 in their basement-- otherwise _I'd_ have an
E250 in my basement

We have s Sun E-250 that is no longer in
production.  2x400Mhz Utrasparc II CPUs, 1gb RAM
4 scsi hard drives (18gb)  2 of which we are not
sure about, but the 2 that were the root RAID
volume are fine. Hooks up to a VGA monitor.  It
also has Network cards, the manual, and
keyboard/mouse.  I recently did a test install of
Solaris 10 w/ no issues.

But that's not all--

Also included are 2 Sun PCI cards.  These are
basically full computers (Celerons) with network
card included.  One makes a file for disk space
(kind of like vmware) on the Solaris volume, and
one can install any OS that would could run on a
celeron from inside X.  With 2 of these you could
build  Citrix server farm on one box, or whatever.

The other catch (other than having a noble
purpose) is that you have to pick it up.  We are
talking about 120 lbs here.  (I'll help you get it
outside to your vehicle...)

If you are interested and have said noble purpose,
write to < rcarlson at kitchenandassociates dot
com > with E-250 in the subject line.  (Don't
write to my reply address.)  We'll make a decision
within 2 weeks, less time if a good purpose arises.

Thanks,

Rob