Re: External SCSI disks with SS20

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 07:03:52PM +0200, Hartwig Atrops wrote:
> What is going wrong? Does my SS20 try to use an external disk as root
> filesystem? Which device is 08:01?

AFAIK, 08:01 is sda1:
brw-rw----  1 root disk 8, 1 Jul  5  2000 sda1

I have a feeling that the Linux kernel is identifying your ID 0 disk as
sda, which would be problematic as you want to boot from the ID 3 disk.
Perhaps try putting your internal disk into the other SCA slot (to make it
ID 0) and adjusting the jumpers on your external box (ie make the external
disks ID 1-3).

HTH.

-mj
--