Re: sarge install on Ultra 10

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:26, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> Louie, Steven declared on Thursday 29 September 2005 12:55 pm:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is sarge compatable with Sun Ultra 10 or 5
> >
> > I tried to install sarge (via bootable CD) but the installer failed
> > with these messages:
>
> <snip>
>
> It looks like you have a bad hard disk.  Are you sure that the hard disk
> is working?
>
> Pat

I think the response about the ide-disk driver being a module, when the
chipset is builtin is actually the case, I noticed the same thing when I
installed into a few ultra 5's and 10's, I had already checked the disks so
it didn't make my heart stop. The errors went away as soon as I compiled a
custom kernel with the disk driver statically included.

Hamish Greig