Ultra10 Sarge XF86Config-4 [was:Re: More storage for my Ultra10]

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 22:03, mangala@sunandson.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry I don't have any info for you on the storage issues, but since
> you've got an Ultra 10 perhaps you can help me - I installed sarge on my
> Ultra 10, but I can't use the keyboard in X.
>
> The keyboard works fine at the console, but as soon as the Gnome login
> screen appears, trying to type in my user name just results in random
> characters.
>
> I have a Sun Type 6 keyboard and have tried xfree86/pc104, xfree86/pc101,
> sun/type5, and sun/type6 in XF86Config.

Did not try Sarge on an Ultra5/10 yet. Still running Woody. This is a part of
my Ultra 5's XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "sun"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "type5"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

I do not expect a difference between Woody and Sarge. With Woody I switch
between type 5 and type 6 without changing configuration. My only Sparc/Sarge
at the moment is an Ultra1 - running headless. Cannot check the configuration
on the fly.

> Thanks,
> Mangala Sadhu Sangeet Singh

Regards,