Re: Sarge may be last Debian release for 32 bit sparc systems

Blars Blarson wrote:

> In my opinion, we should drop support of all 32-bit sparc systems from
> Etch due to lack of people willing to spend the time to support them. This
> doesn't mean that we should delibaratly break things for them, but that
> the interest in continuing to support them is below what is needed to keep
> them as a viable part of Debian.

I have a SS5/110 w/ 96 MiB and a regular TGX that just got Sarge
installed on it, and it works beautifully. That's my only sun4m, I
mostly own sun4c hardware (and a few sun3 / sun3x / sun4, but I have no
hope for Debian there).

How much effort is needed to keep the sparc32 port alive, at least on
sun4m ? There seems to be a lot of people with working hardware... As
many others, I lack time and skills to be really helpful, but I'm
willing to do my little bit to preserve the port if I can...

--
Romain Dolbeau
<romain@dolbeau.org>