Re: Between a rock & a hard place, need monolithic 2.4.2x kernel for sun4m

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 01:31, Eric Jorgensen wrote:
>    Yes, since i have an RT626 i don't really meet the "if and only if"
> clause on needing to upgrade the kernel first.

Hmmm?

RT626 = SS20 = sun4m ?
(/me is not very familiar with Sparc models...)

"sun4m CPUs are still supported but you need to install a newer kernel
version first before upgrading the system. This is necessary because
newer versions of glibc use assembler instructions not available on
certain machines, so you need a updated kernel first that emulates the
missing instructions."

That means you qualify for the "if and only if" in 4.3.1, right?