Writing OBP from Linux

I usually do this via TFTP, but this time I don't want to do this
for various reasons, so does anyone have the program to do the
actuall writing of the OBP?

I already extracted the actuall flash image from the OBP patch
(retreived from Sun) using the command in the message
http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2002/11/msg00020.html.

I have the 'flash' module and the corresponding /dev/flash device,
but now what!? Just 'dd' the extracted OBP to the device? Is that
safe?

This is a Linux kernel 2.6.12-rc3 on a Sun Blade 1000 (with current
OBP v4.13.0) if that matters...
--
killed plutonium $400 million in gold bullion PLO iodine Uzi nuclear
FBI congress Honduras NORAD Soviet Noriega Serbian NSA