Re: partitioning for dual boot

> Jon Biddell <jon@mandrake.net.au> writes:
>
> > Probably the obvious answer, but Solaris and Sarge on separate drives ?
>
> Sorry, no -- the system disk.  It would be a pain to use an external
> scsi drive on the systems of interest, but openboot doesn't seem happy
> with that anyway, either on ultra 5+scsi card or v210.  (Is that
> really the case, or am I doing something wrong?)

My only experience is with a SparStation5 (seriously OLD) and a SunBlade
1000 - both backines have 2 x drives internally, so it's a simple matter
of installing each OS on its' own volume...:-)

I seem to remember booting the SparcStation from an external SCSI drive,
but must admit I haven't tried the 'blade that way yet (on the list to
try this weekend !)

Jon