Re: Elite 3D color alteration.

Hi,
thanks for you answers.
indeed the colordepth doesn't matter (I tested from 8bits to 24bits)
and it seems that red and blue are swapped with mplayer.
with vlc colors are right but regarding the cpu load it seems that this
player
uses software rendering rather than my card.
What should I do ? Is there something I can change to correct the rgb
order ?
(Is that the "colormap" I found in the web ?)

hey Jon ! Are you using afbinit to load the AFB microcode at startup ?
seems that not using that firmware makes the x server crashes.
("screen not found" reminds me something I encountered)
you should apt-get afbinit, download afb.ucode from sun and copy it in
/usr/lib
don't forget to fix /etc/init.d/afbinit since it doesn't detect the card.
in fact the script grep the dmesg to find "Elite 3d" but that's "AFB"
that is mentionned.
I've juste replaced the script with a standard afbinit command (I don't
remember, so "man afbinit").
kind regards,

Aurélien