near death experience sunblade 100

Hi,

I am not asking for anything, I realise this is not reproducible and I have
little data.

I am just reporting what happened in case it means something to someone.

I have been running debian unstable on a sun blade 100 for about 3 years.

I reformatted the disk and re-installed debian unstable a few weeks ago.

Last night the machine stopped, as I see from the time displayed was ten minutes
after midnight.

Next morning no response to keyboard or mouse so I powered off and restarted.

The prom reported it could not boot.
The mac address was all ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff

At the ok prompt I typed boot and it reported boot Linux then stopped.

I powered off and restarted a couple of times, no luck.

I tried test-all and it stopped after testing about three items (usb i think).

I powered off and restarted and it rebooted correctly and now functions as before.

Except it had lost my kde desktop settings, but retained mozilla settings.

thanks

jim