Re: LOM and serial console

Le lundi 30 mai 2005 à 00:26 +0200, Maciej Jan Broniarz a écrit :
> I have a Sun Fire v120 and Sun Fire v40z - while on v120 i have no
> problem with accessing a serial console, on v40z it is impossible for
> me. I can ssh to my lom system (it has an own ip address) but i have no
> idea how to access the serial console then.
I have a Fire V120 running Solaris 8, and I can tell you that there are
problems with LOM loosing synchronization and making Solaris crash.
The problem is known to Sun, but I don't know of any fix that applies here.
The LOM is connected to a Cisco Remote Access Router, and it seems that
it tries from time to time to check the serial port, and the LOM doesn't
like that at all.

--
Jerome Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net>
BeezNest