Re: Debian on SunBlade 2500

On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:43:50 -0400
Tad Bilby <tbilby@rave.com> wrote:

> We are a Sun OEM that put the 2500 mainboard into rack chassis-
> We would like to help but I am not sure about loaning hardware......

It is an interesting support model where the kernel engineers don't
have the hardware, and then people expect the thing to work and
for it to also be regression tested against future changes over
time.

Because of how rediculious that expectation is, I don't lose any sleep
at night when I discover that machines I don't have in my personal
possesion aren't supported properly.

Sun or the OEM's have to pony up with loaner systems if they really
expect this stuff to work.