ipsec issues - testers wanted

Hello list,

I would like to ask for assistance in identifying the conditions causing the bug 283107. In short, it appears that the ipsec patch introduced in 2.4.27, makes the telnet connections fail under some unclear circumstances on sparc64 (see bug trail [0] for details). I was able to reproduce the problem on the submitter's machine (thanks for letting me fiddle with it, Raoul) with pristine 2.4.27 kernel from www.kernel.org and ipsec patch [1] applied (the problem is also seen in all 2.6 kernels too, since ipsec patch is included with them). However, I could not reproduce it in my environment, with a similar machine. Therefore I would like to ask for help in identifying the combination of factors which makes the problem happen. It would be particularly valuable if someone with an SMP Ultra would give it a spin.

How (to try) to reproduce:

* Install the ipsec kernel [2]. Pristine kernel [3] is also provided for
  comparison.
* Try telnetting to various hosts (they should run telnet server),
  while capturing the packets with tcpdump -vvvx.
* If tcpdump log contains any messages about bad tcp checksums, or
  the connections hang, send a report by replying to this thread.

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/283107
[1] http://gondor.apana.org.au/~herbert/ipsec-2.4/files/ipsec-2.4.27-20040812-1.bz2
[2] http://www.wooyd.org/debian/kernels/2.4/kernel-image-2.4.27-sparc64_ipsec.0_sparc.deb
[3] http://www.wooyd.org/debian/kernels/2.4/kernel-image-2.4.27-sparc64_pristine.0_sparc.deb