Re: WG: Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting

--- "David S. Miller" <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 21:41:13 -0700 (PDT)
> <foo_bar_baz_boo-deb@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Oh shit, don't get me started on that IDE controller!
>
> I wish people would code as much as they complain.
>
> I'll see what I can do about making the cmd646 driver
> use better PIO and DMA timings like the OpenBSD and
> NetBSD one aparently does on Ultra5/Ultra10 et al..
>
> Little girls, quit whining...

I'm sorry if I came across as ungrateful. I don't blame you or think of
you as unhelpful at all. In actuality, I blame Sun and CMD Technology
for using such a dreadful chip.

I was just trying to share some humor and a feeling of compassion /
sympathy with another user who had the same problem that I did.

I failed to make these things clear in my e-mail. Sorry.

Also, I would like to help with the SPARC kernel. I am experienced with
C but lacking in expertise with hardware and drivers. Please let me
know if there is something I could do.

It's not that I don't want to help, it's that I'm too damn incompetent.
:-)

Have a good day!