Re: rtc and chrony on Ultra 1 and Ultra 5

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:18:50 -0700
Eric Brower <ebrower@gmail.com> wrote:

> Depending upon what Chrony expects, perhaps no-ops would make them
> work, but I suspect chrony ought to get a bit smarter to support such
> devices.  I haven't looked at the code, but I assume the interrupts
> are disabled while warping time.

The switch_interrupts() function in chrony basically tries
RTC_UIE_ON and RTC_UIE_OFF and barfs a log message regardless
of the error return.  Any error makes it output a log message.

And as Eric stated, these chips lack any interrupt facilities
at all, so we the generic RTC driver would do the same thing.

In any event, I'll change my Mostek RTC driver changes such that
it returns the same error codes driver/char/rtc.c does for
these cases.