Re: Lots of kernel problems with U30

Hi Yann,

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Yann Marigo wrote:

2.4.27-2 :  No network support

What kind of network card does your machine have? What error messages do you get? What kernel modules have you tried to make network work?

2.6.8-2 : Keyboard problems

This is well known problem, I believe. While 2.4 kernels required a special sparc keymap, 2.6 expects the same keymap on all architectures. AFAIK, you can look at the config files in /etc/console or use dpkg-reconfigure console-tools to select the i386 keymap (note that I have never done it myself).

2.6.8.10-1 : Boot interrupted by scsi sync problem

Can you post more information about this failure? What kind of SCSI controller is in this machine? What modules are loaded on boot?

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org