sun sparc64 ultra 5 cluster (worth ?)

Hello,

I'm now running an Ultra 5 (275Mhz/ 64Mo/ 4.7Go HD) with a Debian
Testing.

Our University is getting rid of about 10 U-5s. Just the CU+mouse
+keyboard (they keep the screen).

We're looking for some ideas to use them for fun or for the use of
someone. We thought about making a cluster with them.

We'll begin it home first.

10 U5s, that needs energy. So that we'll first have to pay for some
extension of the power supply of our home. That's expensive. My first
question is to know if it's worth to clusterise 10 U5s under Debian.

It could be used to loop-compile/loop-build packages for sparc64 arch
(as far as I remember, there is a xBSD doing that...).

I guess the cluster wont be 10 times faster (for compiling big
packages), but would you know "à peu près [1]" the gain?

If we do it, We'll perform some tests home and then once it is validated
by our admin it could be installed into the university datacenter, wich
has enough bandwidth....

[1] Sorry, I dont know the translation of that expression.

--
Get a fully managed dedicated server for €200/month ($257/month)
No time limit for taking care of your server.