Re: rtc and chrony on Ultra 1 and Ultra 5

On 19 Apr 2005 14:32:39 +0200
Sebastian Niehaus <killedbythoughts@mindcrime.net> wrote:

> Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> writes:

> > I have the same problem on my Ultra 10.
> > I don't really get it as there is an RTC present in the system
>
> There must be one since the date is set up quite correctly even
> without network.

On the Ultra1, the drivers/sbus/char/rtc.c driver is used.

It is very strange to see the "rtc_init: no PC rtc found" message
on an Ultra5 or Ultra10, as drivers/char/rtc.c is the driver that
should be used on that platform.

Can someone provide "/usr/sbin/prtconv -pv" on either the Ultra5 or
Ultra10 system which fails like this?  It may provide the clue.

Also, is this with a 2.4.x or 2.6.x kernel?