Re: sparc machines at debcamp

On Mon, 2005-04-18 02:08:36 +0200, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver <p2@mind.be>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20050418000836.GW5994@mind.be>:
> We are looking to get some sparc machines sponsored for the debcamp for various
> development tasks. In order to have an idea which architectures people want
> to work on, we look for some projects or things people would be working on
> involving sparc. If you have a request for a certain subarch or have some
> idea involving sparc, please mail me. I will coordinate with Andreas as to what
> we can actually get hold of.

I haven't switched on my sparc32 machines for quite some time, but I
remember there were some TODOs:

	- Redo SILOs memory management to be able to load larger kernel
	  binaries
	- Check if current testing/unstable works w/o h/w mul/div
	- Get 2.6.x to run SMP

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O