Re: Problems booting with initrd [was: Re: Testing 2.6.10 on sparc]

On Apr 1, 2005 6:25 PM, Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:
> On Friday 01 April 2005 23:30, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:
> > Now that I have some time, and have gotten a TFTP server setup,  where
> > do I get the netboot image from that I should work with ?
>
> Some things have changed in the mean time...
> Please use the RC3 netboot image from [1].
> The current links for images can always be found from [2].
>
> [1]http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-sparc/rc3/images/
> [2]http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status

Using the netboot images from the above site, I've been able to install Debian
without any of the problems regarding  Kernel remapping that used to plague
me on the Ultra2 I had.  Thanks for the help folks.  Now its onto the
next problem
of trying to get X11 to run on it :)  Apparently I don't have the
Creator graphics card
in the box.  But that's for another thread :)

cheers,

     mehul

p.s. Do I need to do anything to close the report that I had filed, or
maybe comment
       on it ?
--
Mehul N. Sanghvi