Re: Weird Mouse Behaviour with 2.6

David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:

[... mouse problem on ultras ...]

> Yes, there is some problem initializing the serial line that the
> keyboard and mouse use.  The break characters that get detected
> when the baud rate is incorrect are not showing up for some reason.
>
> What kind of machine is this?  It only happens with certain serial
> controllers, not all, which is why your machine type is important.

Same problem here with my Ultra 5 and kernel 2.6.11.6: The mouse only
works after I reconnect it (as in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2005/03/msg00139.html ). The
kernel says I've got a 16550A controller.

Otherwise the system runs pretty smoothly with XFCE4, Firefox and even
Evolution from sarge... (400MHz UltraSparcIIi, 128MB RAM)
Thanks for the fine work!

Tomas