Re: Trying to install on SS5: results

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Meelis Roos wrote:
> > CG6 had another strange problem - blue color disappeared mostly. Only
> > top 5 cm on the screen had some blue, it turned black gradually. All
> > other colors were OK. Tried different monitors, still the same. Rebooted
> > with 2.4 kernel, colors are OK. Example picture is
> > http://www.cs.ut.ee/~mroos/screen.jpg (this picture has 2 bands of blue,
> > usually only the upper one is present).
>
> I have an Ultra 1 with a cg6 card, I'll try to see if I can reproduce this.

Hmm, I'm getting the same problem with my SPARCstation 5 (Turbo GX+).
It was okay with 2.4 kernels, and it doesn't affect the OBP.

The other two things I've noticed are that the screen is shifted to the
right relative to its position in 2.4 (and in the OBP), and that pixels
at the extreme right of the framebuffer are drawn in a line extending to
the right-hand edge of the screen and then reappearing on the left-hand
side of the screen.

/proc/cpuinfo says I have a Fujitsu MB86904, which is apparently a
microSPARC II.

The machine's "model" is apparently SUNW,501-2286, which should make it
a SPARCstation 5/70...  However, "clock-frequency" is 0x68e7780, which
is 110MHz...  (My guess is that its CPU was upgraded at some point.)
--
Stuart Brady