Re: Sparc32 Floppy Eject

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:27:27 +0100
Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:

> David: do you maybe have some ideas?

If you are referring to me here, can I ask that you CC: people
you wish to get the attention of?  I only noticed this by accident
while scanning my debian-sparc folder.

I can't think of anything changed in the floppy driver that would
break this.  It's a very simple ioctl (FDEJECT), so the only places
where this could be effected are:

1) arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c, and fs/compat_ioctl.c (which the former
   includes), make sure FDEJECT is marked properly so that 32-bit
   binaries can use this ioctl properly, if this is occuring
   on a sparc64 kernel

2) check the FDEJECT handling in drivers/block/fd.c and
   include/asm-sparc{,64}/floppy.h