Re: Problems with Xinerama using a Matrox Millenium / Creator 3D with an Ultra 30.

On 16 Mar 2005 02:48:27 +0000
Martin <inkubus@interalpha.co.uk> wrote:

> This:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2004/05/msg00203.html
> purports to be a patch, seems a bit hack-ish but looks like a start.  I
> guess it's not a complete solution for the reason given here:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2004/01/msg00026.html

Right, it only works when your video card is behind the
first PCI controller.

> The latest CVS version of XFree86 seems to have a different solution
> which I /think/ solves the problem.
> http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bus/linuxPci.c
> change 249
> "249. Deal with Linux 2.6's PCI bus naming (Marc La France)."

It looks promising.

> But given that 4.4 won't be in Debian for licencing reasons and there is a
> migration to X.org planned for post-sarge it does seem like quite a
> reasonable approach to solving the problem.

Right, and I'm more than happy to work on a careful backport
of that patch.

I'll try to find some time for that.