Re: Unofficial 2.6.11 kernel-images available for sparc

Re your keyboard problem,
dpkg-reconfigure console-data and select an i386 keyboard layout
appropriate to the language of your keyboard.

When you run 2.6.xx you must use a 386 layout because the kernel
converts the scancodes to 386. When running 2.4.xx you must use a SPARC
layout because codes are not converted.

HTH!