Re: AtyFB in 2.6.10, still not perfect

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:50:02 +0100
Luigi Gangitano <luigi@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've just upgraded to the latest kernel-source-2.6.10 and recompiled it.
> AtyFB on my SB100 works now (sort of), but the console misses the first
> column on the left and some random pixels are corrupted. Under XFree86
> I've got the same corruption of randome areas of the screen (I'll try to
> get some screenshot if this is of help).
>
> This is the relevant output of kernel (really I still don't know how to
> interpret it... :-)):

The mach64 chip on the SB100 has some very odd PLL clock inputs compared
the what is shipped on PCI and AGP cards sold for PCs.

Reporting these details here isn't really going to help much, as the
folks active with the kernel ATI driver don't read this mailing list.
Could you please, therefore, report your stuff to adaplas@hotpop.com
who seems to be the most active person working on this driver lately?

Thanks.