U5 boot from CompactFlash?

Hi,
I've installed a ide-CF adapter inside an U5 in order to boot from there
while the rest of the system is installed on scsi via an Adaptec
controller.

I've used a woody CD, loaded the aic7xxx modules and installed the system.

(CF was initialised with a Sun Disk Label)

Silo did not like it and attempts at reboot failed.

CF is recognised as a removable flashcard by probe-ide.

Has someone tried this before and was succesful? Any reason why it should
not work?

Any suggestion on what else to try?

Saluti,
Antonio Prioglio

--
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
							Aristoteles

    /"\
    / \