Re: Type6 keyboard problems

> On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:40:32 +0100, Vincent Pelletier <subdino2004@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
> rover linux adm wrote:
> | syntax error: line 103 of sun/us
> | The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> |
> |>Error:            Error interpreting include file "sun/us"
> |>                  Exiting
> |>                  Abandoning symbols file "default"
>
> The /etc/X1/xkbd/symbols/sun/us file has a problem. I had the same
> problem, and still have problems with my type5c keyboard. I suggest
> comment out your "Kbd*" options in XF86Config-4, it will then default to
> ~ x86 qwerty layout which will work, though without the sun special keys.
>
> I'm trying to create a whomle new keyboard for xkb, but I am stuck. It
> seems that kernel 2.6 doesn't handle sun keyboards well, or at least
> differently of 2.4 (I have to switch to kernel default keymap in
> console-data to have a working console). I have tested with 2.6.8 debian
> kernel, 2.6.10 (debian source ? I don't remember if there is one) and
> 2.6.11-rc2 from kernel.org.
>
> Here is how I proceed :
> I log on my sparc with ssh, edit the config files, and run :
> XFree86 &
> xev
> then I move the mouse on xev window, press keys on the sun keyboard and
> watch the results.
>
> The problem is that keys react differently sometimes. Once "help"
> returns one keystroke (221 iirc, 2 events for press & release), other
> time it will output 3 keystrokes (2 events for each). Sometimes "esc"
> will return 6, sometimes 5. "open" returns 335 iirc, which is obviously
> wrong.
>
> As I'm not used either to sun hardware nor to xkb, I'm affraid I can't
> help much more...

I tried without  the Xdb options and i solve the log's error, but the
keyboard doesn't work and now is worse 'cause the keys behaviour is
worse :(.... here i paste the XF86 part (maybe i miss smt):

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
       Driver          "keyboard"
       Option          "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Thanks!
r.

obs: i sent this mail by private to vicent, this a forward.