Re: Fun upgrading libc (segmentation fault while going from stable to testing in Sun IPX)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:32:12 EST, Jurij Smakov writes:
>If I remember correctly, IPX is sun4c architecture. Sarge (testing)
>installer formally supports it, but I haven't seen any reports from
>somebody trying to install on sun4c for a long time. So, if you would be
>willing to try the latest pre-release image(s) from [0] and submit a
>detailed installation report [1] afterwards, that would be very valuable.

Have I missed something[0], and Sarge'll officially support sun4c? In that
 case, I'd be all too happy to do a couple test-installs over the next
 weeks ;)

0: I seem to recall BenC stating the sun4c support will be ending with
 Woody (due to performance issues with faster machines when compiling
 everything with -mv7? See
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2002/03/msg00198.html ff).

cheers,
&rw
--
-- Meddle not in the affairs of the sysadmin
-- for he is subtle and quick with the LART.