Re: PCI hardware on sparc32?

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 11:05 -0500, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While investigating the bug #288140 it was found that keyboard works
> incorrectly on sparc32 if the CONFIG_PCI is set. A simple workaround which
> I've proposed (and which solves the problem) is to unset it in the kernel
> config. This solution, however, makes PCI hardware on sparc32
> non-functional, which warrants a question whether anyone has/uses PCI
> stuff on sparc32. Please let me know if you do, we'll look for an
> alternative solution then.

Sun's diskless Javastation "Krups" is sparc32 with PCI bus.  (No slots.)

Krups uses PC-spec keyboards and mice so may not be affected by this
bug.

I don't believe that the stock Debian kernels support netboot + NFS
root, so a custom kernel config would be needed.

-- SP

--
Steve Pacenka <s.pacenka@verizon.net>