RAID 1 (Again)

Hi people,

I'm still trying to set up a system with a mirrored root partition
(including /boot). My set up is like that:

hda, a  20GB disk
hda1 -> 19GB, to use as raid-disk 0
hda2 -> a temp and misc partition
hda4 -> swap

hdd, a 40GB disk
hdd1 -> 19GB, as raid-disk 1
hdd2 -> 21GB to mount /var and /home (maybe I use lvm here, but that's
not the problem)

The problem I have is when I issue a mkraid. The mirror works fine,
but I lost the partition table of  hdd and it becames identical hda's
table

I've heard something about to start the first partition at cylinder 1,
not 0, but when a try this, openboot can't boot the system anymore. It
can't find the image.

My raidtab is like that:
raiddev /dev/md0
        raid-level      1