Re: Serial Terminal Virtual Consoles

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 07:58:46PM -0800, Jason Parvu wrote:
>             Does anyone how would I switch consoles (Ctrl-Alt-F2, etc) from
> a serial terminal or is this possible.  I am using a wyse-60 terminal and it
> has no alt key?

Welcome the wonderfull world of ASCII.

I think you are looking for
Package: screen
 screen is a terminal multiplexor that runs several separate "screens" on a
 single physical character-based terminal.  Each virtual terminal emulates a
 DEC VT100 plus several ANSI X3.64 and ISO 2022 functions.  Screen sessions
 can be detached and resumed later on a different terminal.
 .
 Screen also supports a whole slew of other features.  Some of these are:
 configurable input and output translation, serial port support, configurable
 logging, multi-user support, and utf8 charset support.

Cheers
Geert Stappers