Re: Kernel panic on SPARCstation-20

Am Montag, 13. Dezember 2004 00:59 schrieb Greg Gilmour:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 12:35:38AM +0100, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > Did you try any Sarge installer CD?
>
> No mainly because I saw little point at first as I have had great luck
> with the Woody ISO I have on other machines.  If I can't get this to
> boot, then perhaps I shall try Sarge.  Any other ideas on a work-around?

No

> > The built-in framebuffer is a cg14 (SG) but you need a special vsimm (4MB
> > or 8MB) to use it. However, it has the advantage of more (and higher)
> > resolutions than the cg6 and 24bit color depth (cg6 is only 8bit). The
> > cg14 is automatically the default when available.
>
> Any idea how to find it's location (ie: what to look for) in OBP and set
> it?  I have tried removing the CG6 and plug the monitor directly into
> the on-board and I get no signal.  I'll check again, but I thought there
> was at least one vSIMM in it...

just check it, it takes one RAM slot and is a bit longer, you cannot miss it.
If the hardware is present, it is automatically used and you would not get a
picture with the cg6.
At ebay(US), they usually sell some of them (a little bit harder to get in
e.g. Germany).

HS

PS: no CC please

        oder über pgp.net