Re: USB keyboard & mouse on Sun Ultra 5 w/PCI USB card

In article <[🔎] 200412091707.29095.dejonsen@implantsciences.com>
dejonsen@implantsciences.com writes:
>I have it connected to a 4-port USB KVM switch, and I bought and installed a
>Belkin F5U219 3-port (2 external, 1 internal) USB 2.0 PCI card so that I can
>use the USB keyboard & mouse instead of the Sun keyboard and mouse, which  I
>would really like to get off of my desk.
>
>For the life of me, I cannot get the sparc to accept input from either the USB
>keyboard (Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro) or the USB mouse (Kensington

AFAIK there is no way to get a usb keyboard working as a console on
any sun that did not ship with a usb keyboard.

Since you want to use it as a server, why don't you just disconnect
the keyboard and monitor and use a serial console?

It might be possible to use the usb keyboard after booting, but that's
not a standard configuration.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html