Re: U5 - Sarge with d-i rc2 netinstall failure

>> Am Freitag, 3. Dezember 2004 08:23 schrieb
>> foo_bar_baz_boo-deb@yahoo.com:
>> > Also, another thing I have learned, fdisk for SPARCs is ancient and
>> > only supports very small (by today's standards) hard disks. Use
>> nothing
>> > other than parted to edit disks with Sun disk labels or you will be
>> > sorry you didn't.

I'm not aware of any such problem in fdisk.  What do you consider
"large" for this problem?

The eisa disk controler built into the ultra 5 and 10 has some
problems with disks larger than 120 GB, but that is a hardware issue.
(Turning off DMA may be a workaround.)  Some solaris versions could
not handle eisa disks larger than 32 GB.

Blame the people who "designed" isa for these problems.  SCSI
supported multi-terabyte disks when the larges made was 300MB.
ISA keeps having to change as the largest disk supported grows.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html